Covet Public Relations is one of the fastest growing PR firms, focusing exclusively on food, beverage, beauty and lifestyle brands in the health and wellness space. We move at lightning speed, constantly evolving to the needs of our clients to provide the absolute best partnership imaginable, from strategy to execution to results. We are unabashedly obsessed with our brands and have no shame carrying a Suja Juice in one hand and a bag of Pasta Chips in the other.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We won’t beat around the bush. We are all natural born hustlers, creative thinkers, voracious foodies, and trendsetters. We want someone who fits in with our awesome culture, but brings their own flare to the table. While we have our fair share of differences in personalities, one thing can be said for any and every employee from our interns to our CEO: we always bring it and never settle.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Senior Publicist is meant to serve as the account authority, providing all things to both higher level and lower level team members. Your role is to not only help with strategy, but to lead the account from calls, high-level pitching, meetings and plans. Accountable should be the best word to describe you.
- Writes and edits materials with keen eye and in a timely fashion
- Media are some of your best friends and they know you by name.
- Possesses strong foundation of media and influencer relationships across all verticals and relevant industries
- Regularly secures client coverage in print, digital and broadcast outlets
- Proven track record of top tier results in print, digital and broadcast
- Is viewed by the client as the point person responsible for strategy, communication and questions
- Thinks one step ahead and comes up with creative ways to meet client needs
- Assists Account Supervisor in managing client hourly budget as it pertains to campaign activation and goals each month
- Works with Account Supervisors to develop big picture skills by way of strategic planning, client development, etc.
- Leads creative brainstorms, development of new business proposals and account plans
- Delegates tasks proactively, with ample time for completion
- Mentors Junior positions to cultivate growth in each role
- Actively seeks professional development opportunities for both themselves and their team members
- Embodies the core values of the agency and leads by example in regards to behavior, communication, work ethic and results
- Executes program presentations to clients or new business presentations
- Travels on behalf of client while remaining present on all other accounts, initiatives, and team management
- Meets with team members regularly to assign deliverables, check in on status, troubleshoot roadblocks, and check in on status prior to deadlines
- Supervises team members and interns to ensure time is being managed, prioritized and tracked appropriately
- May require evening and weekend work, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 4 - 6 years of professional experience in Public Relations, ideally in the CPG space
- Experience managing team of junior staff
- Great benefits, including medical and dental coverage, 401k, generous paid holidays and PTO
- Monthly offsite team building activities such as yoga, cooking classes, remote work days
- A beautiful and collaborative work space with the best snacks on the planet
- Endless opportunities for growth, advancement and supplemental income